Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas Brisket

Since I received my new smoker, I wanted to try it out. I've been holding off smoking a brisket until my baby was finished. It was a long 2 mths but I finally received it.
Purchased an 11 lb brisket. trimmed all the hard fat and injected with beef broth, apple juice and some spices. Wrapped in saran wrap and in the fridge over-night.

At 10:00 pm on Christmas eve, I started the smoker and when the temps reached 225 (approx 10:30), I placed the brisket on the smoker. Held somewhat steady the entire cook with only a slight flucuation in temp. When the internal temp reached 200, I pulled, wrapped in foil and in the cooler for a 1 hr rest. By noon, I was carving the brisket for lunch. It turned out well. Tender and juicy. Nice smoke ring.
Here's a couple of pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment